Sunday, February 20, 2011

National Round 4-Living Springs


Home Turf! - This had to mean a good perfomance, with knowing the track off the back of my hand and knowing how demanding the climbs will be this venue always has a welcoming touch! After an easy warm up with the legs feeling rather average, I did a couple of race starts to get the blood pumping. With a late line up call and a bit of mucking around before the start it was time to turn on the race face and get ready to start making the legs hurt!
Up the first climb there was about 5 of us and we all kept together with no mis-hapes on the fast tight flowing tracks that the talented Single Track Club members have built to accommodate a National quality race course. On the second lap it was a starting to become a different story - the legs just weren't going to perform as well as what they should have and I was starting to slip back however each time on lap 2 and 3 I caught back up each time on the downhill. The rest of the race on lap 4 split everyone up and this left me with a solo mission to complete my race with the last couple of laps to get around.
At the end after feeling I was in the 'box' the whole race I came in 3rd postion in the Elite Men, first Under 23 rider. A would like to thank Craig and Rebekah and the members of the Christchurch Single Track club for creating an amazing track!
Looking forward to National Champs this weekend in Dunedin, here's hoping for an excellent performance - time to really feel the pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment